One of the most relished dishes for non-veg lovers, Butter Chicken is as delicious to eat as it is easy to prepare.
(Courtesy: 40 Aprons)
• Boneless chicken: 500 grams
• Butter: 100 grams
• Ghee: 1 tablespoon
• Cashew: 50 grams
• Poppy seeds: 50 grams
• Curd: 1 tablespoon
• Tomatoes (chopped): 2
• Onion (chopped): 2
• Green chili: 4-5
• Cardamom: 2-3
• Cinnamon: 1 small piece
• Cumin: ½ teaspoon
• Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
• Ginger-garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
• Dry fenugreek leaves: ½ teaspoon
• Coriander powder: ½ teaspoon
• Cumin powder: ½ teaspoon
• Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
• Clove: 4-5
• Orange food color: 10 drops
• Salt: according to taste
• Wash the chicken and cut it into small pieces.
• Boil chopped onions, tomatoes, green chili, cashew, and poppy seeds separately.
• Grind cashew and poppy seeds together; onions and green chili together, and tomatoes separately.
• Heat butter and ghee in a pan. Now add cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, and clove in it, and fry.
• Now add the tomato puree and cook till it’s golden brown.
• Now add ginger-garlic paste and let it cook for a few minutes.
• Add turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, dry fenugreek leaves, and garam masala, and stir well.
• Add curd at last and let it cook. Add onion and green chili paste at the end and mix well.
• Now add the chicken pieces to it, with the food color and salt.
• Add water and cover with the lid.
• Cook till chicken becomes soft.
• Serve hot.