Lemon rice adds new flavor to your usual, boring rice. Also, it is prepared very easily. Here’s how.
• Rice (boiled): 2 cups
• Peanuts: ½ cup
• Grated coconut: 2 tablespoons
• Lemon juice: 3 tablespoons
• Oil: 2 tablespoons
• Fenugreek seeds: 1 tablespoon
• Mustard seeds: 1 tablespoon
• Split gram lentils: 1 tablespoon
• Curry leaves: 10-12 leaves
• Red chili: 2
• Turmeric powder: ½ tablespoon
• Asafetida: a pinch
• Salt: According to taste
• Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
• Add mustard seeds, asafetida, fenugreek seeds, and gram lentil in the oil and fry till it turns golden brown.
• Now add curry leaves, red chili, turmeric powder, and peanuts, and stir.
• Add rice and salt, and cook at a low flame.
• Sprinkle lemon juice and garnish with grated coconut, and turn the gas off.
• Serve hot.