Warning signs of Lung Cancer You Should Know
Lung cancer is growing at a fast rate among smokers and tobacco users. In addition, the actual causes are unknown and an individual has to take intensive care to stay away from such a deadly disease.
As per Cancer specialist in India, there are various signs and symptoms that reflect as an early sign of lung cancer and help to take early treatment. Some times, early signs or symptoms are not noticeable in every patient. Thus, it is best to visit a doctor when you feel any unease in the lung to diagnose the actual problem and detect in an early stage.
As per the past history of lung cancer patients, the early diagnosis comes up with effective treatment. Thus, know the early signs and symptoms of lung cancer. Some of the common signs include –
- Coughing up blood or rust-colored sputum
- A cough that lasts for several weeks and even gets worse with time
- Chest pain that worsens with coughing, deep breathing and laughing
- Shortness of breath
- Weight loss and loss of appetite
- Feeling tired or weak often
- New onset of wheezing
- Infections such as pneumonia and bronchitis that keeps repeating and do not get away easily
Along with the general symptoms, if the lung cancer has reached higher stages or spread to the other organs of the body, it is likely to come up with certain signs and symptoms like –
- Bone pain most likely in the hips or back
- Yellowing of eyes and skin when cancer spread to the liver
- Change in the nervous system such as weakness, headache along with numbness of an arm or leg, balance problems, dizziness, or seizures. This is common due to cancer that spread to the spinal cord or brain
- Lumps near the surface of the body, this may cause due to the spreading of cancer to the lymph nodes, skin, etc
As per a report from the cancer hospitals, most of such symptoms are also caused due to reasons other than lung cancer. No matter what is the actual cause, if you experience any of such problems, it is best to consult a doctor immediately. Lung Cancer Treatment in India is very effective and available at different cancer hospitals. It is also necessary to know that lung cancer also causes different syndromes such as:
Horner syndrome: When an individual suffers from top part lung cancer can also experience an effect on certain nerves like face and eyes. This effect causes a group of symptoms that are known as Horner syndrome. Such syndromes can be – weakness or dropping of one eyelid, a small pupil in the same eye, Pancoast tumors can cause shoulder pain and reduced or absent seating on such side of the face.
Paraneoplastic syndromes: Sometimes lung cancer makes hormones that enter bloodstreams and cause problems with organs and tissues even when the cancer is not spread to other parts of the body.
Superior vena cava syndrome: Superior vena cava is a vein that carries blood from arms and heads back to the heart. Tumour in the lung when pressing this bloodstream that leads to swelling of the neck, face, arms and upper chest.
Thus, analyze such signs and symptoms and get the right treatment to get maximum benefit from the treatment.