We live in Digital India. So yes, these days you can easily file ITR without a CA. The income tax department has a great dedicated website for this ‘myITreturn’ that would take you step-by-step through the process, ensuring seamless resource and assistance.
Here are the simplified steps to help you file for Income Tax Return without any CA:
1. If you’re a salaried person, ask your employer to issue you Form 16. Also, when starting the process, have your bank statements, copy of last year’s returns and PAN card at ready. You’re going to need them.
4. Once downloaded, fill the form. Input all the details carefully and honestly, using form 16 issued by your employer. If you encounter any problem, each form comes with instructions. Read them carefully.
5. On the website, there’s an option to calculate your Tax payable. Find out the amount, pay the tax through your bank. Once you have paid the amount, you will receive a challan. Enter this challan details on tax return.
6. Once you have filled all the info on the form, including challan details, validate your information. If everything goes well, an XML file will be generated. Download it and then upload it using ‘Upload Return’ option.
7. Now you will be asked to sign the file. You must have your digital signature ready. If not, you will then have to print the complete form, sign it using pen and then post it to the Income Tax office, which is quite inconvenient. So before filing for tax online, if you don’t have your digital signature, get it.
8. Once you have submitted your digital signature, the screen will show a message that you have successfully filed your INR. Woot!!!
That’s it. The entire process has become incredibly simple these days. And there’s a lot of information and assistance available online to ensure you can do it all alone quite conveniently even if it’s your first time.