How to check the authenticity of any NGO in India ?Add Answer
Non-governmental organizations, nongovernmental organizations, or non government organizations, commonly referred to as NGOs,are usually non-profit and sometimes international organization independent of governments and international governmental organizations (though often funded by governments) that are active in humanitarian, educational, health care, public policy, social, human rights, environmental, and other areas to affect changes according to their objectives
It is very difficult to analyze about any NGO if it is fake or Real. In India there are many small and big NGO' s working for various causes.
There are various ways to check the authenticity of NGO:-
1. The NGOs which receive grants from the government comes under the screening of RTI.
2. You can verify the registration as NGO's are given ID nos, they have tax exemption certificate to run their operations.
3. We can even ask for their annual reports which they can show to the people on demand to check where the money given to them is spent.
4. Genuine NGOs usually provide reports or updates on causes they work for so keep in touch with the NGO even after you have donated money – following up with them will ensure that the money you donated is being used for the right purpose.
5. The method of payment also plays an important part in verifying whether the NGO is authentic or not. The best and the most cost-effective way is to pay directly to the NGO either by sending a cheque or online.
6. After checking the credentials, there is the option to donate items. You can donate books, clothes, toys, etc. You can also choose to spend time rather than money.
Here are few Top Renowned NGO's In India