Fashion enthusiast | Posted on | Food-Cooking
It is a well-liked sort of cake in India. This tutti frutti cake recipe is formed without eggs and features a soft, light and moist crumb. The recipe is additionally easy and even newbies in baking can make this tutti frutti cake easily.
To make this tutti frutti cake, I even have used my Eggless vanilla cake recipe. i have updated the post with better pictures. The recipe was first posted in december 2013 and it was time I updated the old pictures with new ones.
I have been making this tutti frutti cake for several years now. initially I wont to add ½ cup oil or melted butter within the recipe, but later I started reducing the quantity of oil when making this cake. I felt that with even with ¼ cup oil or melted butter the cake gets a stunning light crumb and is moist. You can use both melted butter or oil in the recipe. Both give good results in the cake. If using oil, then use a neutral flavoured and neutral tasting oil like sunflower-seed oil .
Tutti frutti is one ingredient that i exploit , which has artificial colors. I don’t have the time and energy to form these candied raw papaya pieces which we call as tutti frutti, at home. So I buy from outside when I have to add them in recipes. Another cake recipe where you'll add them is that this Christmas fruit cake.
How To Make Tutti Frutti Cake
A) sifting dry ingredients:
1: take a sieve. Keep a mixing bowl below the sieve. In the sieve add 1.5 cups all purpose flour – about 187 to 190 grams all purpose flour.
2. Then add 1 pinch salt, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder and 1 teaspoon baking powder. If you are doing not have cinnamon powder, then you'll skip it. Alternatively you can add ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder.
3. Sift all the dry ingredients.
4. Now add ½ cup tutti frutti.
5. With a spoon or spatula, just mix the tutti frutti with the flour in order that they get coated with the flour. Keep aside.
6. Preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius for 15 minutes.
Making sugar solution
7. during a bowl take ¾ cup sugar (160 grams sugar).
8. Add ½ cup water.
9. Begin to combine the sugar with water with a whisk or spoon.
10. The entire sugar should dissolve before starting with the next step.
11. in any case of the sugar has dissolved, add ¼ cup melted butter or oil (60 ml). You can melt butter during a small pan or bowl and keep it ready.
12. With a whisk mix very well.
13. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla or scrape half a flavorer and add the small seeds within the solution. Here I have used vanilla bean. Mix again well. Keep this sugar solution aside.
Making curd solution
14. Please do take 3 tablespoons fresh curd or yogurt.
15. Add 1 tablespoon water.
16. Add 1 tablespoon vinegar. You can use apple vinegar or white vinegar. I have used apple cider vinegar. You can also use 1 tablespoon lemon juice instead of vinegar.
17. Mix very well.
18. Now add ½ teaspoon baking soda.
19. Stir and mix very well.
20. You will see the solution frothing and bubbling.
Making Tutti Frutti Cake Batter
21. You can add the sugar now.
22. Quickly add the curd to the batter.
23. Be quick and start to combine gently to a smooth batter with a wired whisk. Mix with light pressure from your hands on the whisk.
24. Do not overdo the batter. Tiny lumps are fine in the batter
25. Pour the tutti frutti cake batter within the greased or lined cake pan.
26. Gently tap the cake pan on the table top once or twice.
Baking Tutti Frutti Cake
27. Place the cake pan in the oven.
28. Bake the cake at 180 degrees celsius in a preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or more or less if required. Baking time will vary depending on the temperature conditions in the oven and the size of the oven.
29. Check with a skewer or fork and it should come out clean.
30. Place the pan on a rack to cool down.
31. When the cake has completely cooled at temperature , then employing a table knife loosen the sides of the cake. Invert the pan on a chopping board. Gently tap rock bottom of the cake pan and take away the tutti frutti cake.
32. Serve tutti frutti cake slices plain or with some milk or tea or coffee. Remaining cake slices can be refrigerated and lightly warmed before serving.
If you're trying to find more Eggless cakes then do check:
Black forest cake
Cake without oven
STEP BY STEP PHOTOS ABOVEMany of my recipes have detailed step by step photos and useful tips to assist you create it easily and perfectly.
This is a simple recipe to form a soft, moist tutti frutti cake without eggs.
Prep Time:15 mins
Cook Time:35 mins
Total Time:50 mins
Servings (change the amount to scale):14 tutti frutti cake slices from 1 loaf
(1 CUP = 250 ML)
For Dry Mixture