Summer is here, and so the long sunny days. In this condition, sunstroke is the common life threatening situation. The body loses its ability to maintain the normal body temperature. Sun stroke is caused by prolonged exposure to the sun.
Symptoms for the sunstroke are:
* Hot dry skin
* Core body temperature of 40 degree Celsius or more
* Rapid heart beat
* Loss of consciousness
* Shallow breathing
* Mental changes
* Nausea and vomiting
How to prevent yourself from sunstroke?
* Wear light colored, loose fitting clothes. Cotton is best in summer.
* Wear a wide brimmed hat. Your head is especially sensitive.
* Limit your exposure to the sun.
* Consume plenty of water or energy giving drinks.
* Avoid hectic, intense activities when it is hot or humid.
* Improve indoor air circulation, open the windows, use a fan, or get air conditioning.
* Cut your alcohol and caffeine intake as these substance cause you to lose more fluids.
* Use a sunscreen of SPF 30 or more.