Other than banning plastic, what can be done on World Environment Day ?Add Answer
Humans have, from times immemorial, been the primary cause of disturbing the environment. The environment has been a topic of great concern because of the increasing human activities which have degraded the quality of life and endangered flora and fauna. Various initiatives and measures have been taken by the government to create awareness among people to understand the importance of a clean and sustainable environment. The world environment day is also one of those ways to promote awareness among individuals. It is celebrated every year on 5th June and has different themes underlying it. This day is celebrated all over the world to protect the environment and its components and make individuals realise the impact of their activities on the ground and what measures can be adopted on an individual level to promote sustainable development.
2. Tree planting
3. Clean-up campaigns
4. Share ideas and activities for making our world cleaner, greener, and brighter.
5. Promote World Environment Day through social media
6. Collect recyclable items to reduce waste.
7. Organize a film festival which emphasize eco-issues
8. Organize exhibition
9. Raise money for eco charity
10. Increase awareness among people in your community
11. Support use of public transportation to reduce our environmental impact
First of all, Wish you a Very Happy Environment Day! This auspicious day is always celebrated on 5 June in the world. It is also called Eco Day, Environment Day, WED. The World Environment Day is celebrated due to the United Nations Principle to encourage the awareness and protection of an environment.
The theme for 2018 World Environment Day is, ‘Beat Plastic India’. I can proudly say, whose host Nation is India. The main motto behind this is to reduce the use of plastic in day to day life. We should liberate our Natural places, Wild life from the plastic.
Banning Plastic is not all for the environment day, you can do a lot to support and protect the environment as:
● Growing Plants : There is nothing wrong in cutting trees and doing construction because due to growing population we all need place to survive but while we cut a tree we should take responsibility to grow 2-3 more plants for the compensation.
● Regular Swachhta Abhiyan: Swachhta Abhiyan should not be occasional. It should be done on daily basis. Garbage should be thrown UN bins only otherwise fine should be charged. Each and every one should be responsible enough.
● 3 R's: Reduce, Recycle and Reuse. These 3 steps sums up the good environment.
So, this very day we all should take a pledge to contribute to the environment in the best possible way.