Ok mr. singh, some important facts about yoga
1. Yoga is an ancient physical, mental and spiritual practice that originated in India. The word ‘yoga’ comes from Sanskrit and means to join or to unite, symbolizing the union of body and consciousness.
2. The idea of International Day of Yoga was first proposed by the current Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi during his speech at the United Nations General Assembly UNGA, on 27 September 2014.
3. United Nations proclaimed 21st June as the International Day of Yoga.
4. This is the 4th international yoga day celebration and The theme for the 2018 is “Yoga for Peace”
5. There are 196 yoga sutras or aphorism.
6. There are 84 classic yoga asanas and the asana being one of the 8 limbs of yoga.
7. Swami Vivekananda is credited for being the greatest promoter of “yoga” in the west.
8. According to Hindu mythology Shiva is the considered the supreme lord of yoga.
9. B.k.s. iyengar was considered to be the foremost of the modern yoga teachers in the world.
10. Lenovo has a 1st tablet named “yoga”.
You can also watch 4th International Yoga Day Celebrations-