10 Ways to Help You Memorize Qur'an This Year
1. Make the sincere intention to memorize the Qur'an
Allah's Messenger said: "Certainly, Allah does not look at your shapes (appearance) or wealth. But He only looks at your hearts and deeds."[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
2. Write down your goal that you want to achieve by the end of the year
You don't have to memorize the entire Qur'an this year - choose a reasonable goal that won't discourage you from trying to achieve this goal you have set for yourself.
Keep it somewhere that you will always be reminded - on the fridge, wall, as your wallpaper on your phone, etc.
3. Break down your goal into smaller sections
- How much do you need to memorize each month in order to consistently work towards your year-end goal?
- How much do you need to memorize each week?
After completing every section/clump, reward yourself with something nice or that you love!
4. Schedule your time with the Qur'an
Choose a time every day where you can commit to sitting down and working on your memorization - Fajr time is the best, but if that doesn't work for you, choose a time that will set yourself up for success.
5. Set up a nice, quiet, and convenient area in your home to go to everyday for your memorization
Having a place that is always set up and ready for you will make it easy for you every day - set your Quran on a small table next to a chair or cushion, so you can just sit down and start.
6. Tell someone else your goal and how you are going to achieve it
Having someone keep you accountable will help you in staying consistent with your daily routine to memorize.
7. Get a memorization partner
Do you have a friend or family member who has a similar goal? Ask them to join you this year and you can memorize together or keep each other updated on your progress!
8. Start a Memorizing group in your masjid
Start a group in your masjid - meet once a week to review with each other and set goals for the next week.
9. Set weekly or monthly reminders on your calendar to remind you of what you are wanting to achieve
Set a reminder on your calendar or phone that reminds you of your goal for the year, or for that month - always keep it in the fore-front of your mind, so you don't get off track.
10. Get a teacher to help you
Meeting regularly with an online Quran teacher or one from your community can help guide you and keep you on track.