We spend a lot of time in our living room, so it not only needs to look great but should be comfortable and spacious. You must decorate your place in a way that maximizes light and space. You must also pay attention to how you use color, scale, and weight. It can make quite a difference. Your living room should work as a space for entertainment and relaxation. You can make your living room a perfect place by understanding different aspects that go into designing it.
1. Colour schemes: Colour scheme is one of the most important aspects of designing. For instance, a common rule while deciding on color is that it has to be from a neutral palette which is based on beige, black and white. Soft hues also help in illuminating a room by reflecting light. The rule is applicable for walls, floors, ceilings, and furnishing.
2. Furniture: If your living room has a natural focal point such as a fireplace, consider designing around it. Face the seating towards the focal point to have a clear view. If there isn’t a natural focal point, you can create one. For example, you can use a brightly-colored wall, a piece of art or a large piece of furniture. Also, avoid putting furniture too close to an entryway. Guests entering the room should get space to enter comfortably. If your living room is too small, don’t fill it with large, dark furniture. Pick smaller, light-colored pieces instead.
3. Lighting: Focus on using as much natural light as possible. However, don’t rely on a single source of light to your living room and try to blend several layers of light from multiple sources. Use a combination of ceiling lights, floor lamps, table lamps, etc to achieve balanced lighting in your living room. Also, put a lamp on your desk if you work in your living room. Position a lamp nearby if you have a reading chair.
4. Technology: A modern day living room cannot do without technology. Sleek TVs, PCs and speakers can save much space and keep the look lavish. When looking to upgrade in terms of technology, people prefer doing it step by step, however, with the easy availability of loans, you can simply take a top-up loan on your home loan and get it all done quickly.
5. Adding accents and decor: If you want to increase the visual space of your living room, consider adding a mirror. Be strategic when adding the mirror in your living room - hang them at eye level so they reflect your artwork, furniture and so on. Rugs can also make the room look comfortable. Make sure that the rug is nearly as big as the seating area. In addition, you can also buy some original artwork to add some life to your living room. To add some greenery to your living room, use hanging plants or potted plants.
These points can be constructive when you are looking to design your living room. Remember, if you have a running home loan and you are in urgent need of funds to design your living room, you can approach any bank or NBFC. They can offer top-up loans to fulfill your dreams. You also have the option to apply for home improvement loans if you are looking to renovate your house. These loans have a tenure up to 15 years and are available at attractive interest rates starting from 9.55%. You can apply for the loan both online as well as offline. You can also compare the interest rates offered by different lenders through various fintech lenders and choose the one meeting all your requirements.