Putting out a fire involves expelling an agent from a handheld device known as a fire extinguisher. It works upon the principle of removing one or more of the elements required to maintain a fire, referred to as the fire triangle. The triangle includes 3 elements, i.e. Fuel, heat and oxygen. The agent acts by eliminating the heat by cooling the fuel or creates a barrier between the fuel and the surrounding air thereby cutting the oxygen supply. Once the agent breaks this triangle, the fire goes out. To eliminate the possibility of rekindling, the agent produces a lasting effect on fuel. Common agents which are used are water, chemical foam, dry powder, halon, or carbon dioxide (CO2).
There are four classes of fire extinguishers – A, B, C and D – and each class is used to put out fires caused on different materials or surfaces.
• Class A extinguishers are used to put out fires in ordinary combustibles such as wood and paper.
• Class B extinguishers: grease, gasoline, and oil or any flammable liquids need this class of extinguisher to put out the fire
• Class C extinguishers: electrically energized fires require this class of extinguisher
• Class D extinguishers are intended for use on flammable metals
Inside, a fire extinguisher is similar to a giant aerosol can, often containing 2 different substances inside. One of them is a solid, liquid, or gaseous agent for fighting the fire. The other one is called a propellant, which is a pressurized chemical that makes the fire-fighting substance emanate when you press the extinguisher handle.
Even a small fire if not put out immediately has the potential to grow into a big fire and can cause massive damage to property, serious injuries and even loss of life. It is therefore crucial that the fire is put out immediately and to aid in this Portable Fire Extinguisher is used.
Portable fire extinguishers have some advantages over traditional ones: -
• They are portable, meaning they can be carried anywhere where the fire is growing.
• They are easy to operate and do not require any special equipment or knowledge to use.
• They weigh very less, so it is easy to operate them. They can be used by any age group, in case of emergencies.
• They are designed keeping in mind maximum efficiency, so as to put the fire out in its initial stages itself.
Companies like Fire1on1 are dedicated to spreading the importance of fire safety and helping people keep their property and themselves safe.
They provide you all types of fire extinguishers such as Automatic and Portable Fire Extinguisher,
• ABC Dry Powder Fire Extinguishers,
• Carbon Dioxide-Based Fire Extinguishers,
• Mechanical Foam (AFFF) Fire Extinguisher,
• Kitchen Fire based Fire Extinguishers,
• Water-Based Fire Extinguishers,
• Ceiling Mounted Systems and lots more.
All these are certified and manufactured under the fire safety guideline.