How to do eye makeup?
Who doesn't love to do makeup and look glamed up? Every girls wants. It sometimes varies how much makeup you love to do. Some girls do not like more makeup, may be that doesn't suit them or due to some other reason. Whereas, eye makeup is the thing every girl or woman wants to keep their hands on.
Still, there are certain techniques to give your eyes a ‘pro look’. For every makeup lover or beginner it is necessary to learn the procedure of doing an eye makeup .
Skill techniques are:
- Step 1: Always start with an eye primer
Eye primer helps create a smooth surface for the eye makeup. Once the primer has dried, you can apply an eye shadow base that helps make the eye shadow stick to the skin better. If you don’t have an eye shadow base, a concealer or foundation will do.
- Step 2: Start with 4 basic neutral shades
For beginners, you want to start with 4 basic shades to pull off an everyday natural look. You need a highlighter that is a shade lighter than your skin tone, a matte mid-tone shade, a contour shade that is 2-3 shades darker than the skin and a matte black shade. If you have a facial highlighter, you can use that too.
- Step 3: Grab the essential eye makeup brushes
You will need a small flat eyeshadow brush for application, a small and medium-sized blending brush and a smudger (optional).
- Step 4 :Glide your flat brush on the lightest shade and apply this on the inner corner of the eyes. This is where most of the product should be and then you can easily blend outwards after.Make sure to tap your brush before applying to remove excess product.
- Step 5 : Here’s a neat trick you can try: Dip the tip of the brush in water enough to dampen it. Then glide it on the eye shadow and apply again in the innermost corner of the eyes (tear duct area). You’ll be amazed at how pigmented it is.
- Step 6 : Now onto the mid-tone shade. Use a blending brush to apply the eye shadow above the crease, blending from the outer corner inwards.
- Step 7: Contour the eyes Using the contour shade, apply from the outer corner while blending into the crease on the outer half of the eye. Please make sure that you don’t blend too high because the mid-tone shade should always be higher than the contour shade.
- Step 8 : Your eyelid makeup is done so you can now proceed to the bottom part of the eye. Mix the mid-tone color and the contour shade and apply on the bottom lash line starting from the outer corner until it meets the highlighter.
- Step 9 : To complete the look, apply the matte black eyes shadow on the outer corner of the eyes and close to the bottom lash line. This will make the eyes a little more dramatic.
- Step 10 : But of course, it won’t look as pretty if your lashes aren’t curled…
Eye makeup is a type of cosmetics which aims to make the eyes look noticeable and attractive. It is mostly used by females, and by stage performers of all types. Eye makeup is an important part of the fashion and cosmetic industries. The main types of eye makeup are:
The idea can be taken much further. The color of the eye can be altered by using contact lenses. Glitter and other appliqués can be stuck on near the eye. Fake eyelashes or eyelash extensions are possible. Eyebrow plucking is quite common for brunettes.
Do the makeup, get yourself glamed up and rock the look.