Book proofreading is an essential part of the editing process of any book and should be done carefully and ideally by professionals. There are a lot of book proofreading services with different proofreading prices available for writers to pick from.
The internet has made it easier for more and more people to offer their services to clients across the globe, which has made way for small freelancers to enter the market.
In this article, we take a look at some tips to find the best proofreading prices without compromising on the quality of the service.
Tips for Finding the Best Proofreading prices
1. Even though the proofreading prices charged depends on a lot of factors such as the service provider’s experience, the project’s complexity, and other things, there is no fixed or universal rate for proofreading.
However, rates which seem too low might be charged by a service provider providing quality which wouldn’t be good enough. Most services charge on the basis of per 1000 words.
2. The first step to lower your proofreading costs is by doing it once yourself before handing the text over. Once you know exactly what your proofreading needs are, you can communicate them to your service provider and agree upon a mutually agreed rate that is justified to you both for the amount of work involved.
3. Another tip to find the best proofreading prices is to plan for the process early and select your service provider months in advance so you know that you wouldn’t get rushed work by the proofreader and the quality of proofreading wouldn’t suffer.
4. Using online tools like Grammarly and Ginger, you can make sure that your spelling, grammar, misused words etc. are fixed before you hand it over to a professional proofreader who can look for more subtle errors and mistakes. The complexity of the project also decreases when the first draft is already proofread on a basic level.
5. Another tip to save money on proofreading services is to allow beta readers to go through the book once and take their views into consideration before seeking professional proofreading services . This way, by allowing more eyes on your work, the proofreading process becomes easier for the final proofreader allowing them to charge you a normal rate for great quality service.
6. The last tip is to vet your proofreading service provider before using their services. You should make sure they have great feedback from their previous clients, have a good reputation and offer a rate that is affordable for you while providing great quality.
When it comes to professional book proofreading, the price is an important factor and you should practice the best tips to find the cheapest proofreading prices for your project.