How to Make a Donut Box Out of Paper
Donuts are some of the favorites anytime foods for many people across the world. These sweet treats come in many different flavors and toppings with some having truly gorgeous designs as well. Not only donuts make for perfect lunch packs for people of all ages but also you these are perfect casual everyday gifts for loved ones.
Do you have a work colleague who loves certain types of donut or a kid who goes to school and can’t get enough of donuts? You will find donuts to be pretty gift-able items for anyone in love with them. If you are a full-on donut baker and sell your products commercially, you will need Donut Boxes in wholesale bulk numbers. However, when you are preparing a donut gift box for a loved one, fancy DIY techniques could be used instead. These will always be the best option when you need a single or a low number of Custom Donut Boxes.
Paper comes in many shapes and forms. Paperboard, which is almost as strong as other cardstock materials along with chart paper, can be used for a donut box when required. Some essential requirements from your paper Donut Boxes will always be:
• Able to keep donuts safely packaged
• Provide freshness longevity for donuts
• Present donuts beautifully with embellished designs
• Be available cheaply
Getting the Right Kind of Paper
First of all, you will need to decide on the right kind of paper for your custom donut packaging. Your paper needs to be sturdy offering maximum protection for donuts. You can either use a non-sticky kind of paper or go with another sheet of food paper lining along its bottom inside layer.
Very sturdy chart paper can also work great when packing donuts in lunch boxes. All these paper materials are very print and design friendly. Given the right design motivation, you can design them beautifully exactly according to your requirements. The basic requirement for your paper materials will always be sturdiness offering protection for donuts.
What You’ll Need:
You will first of all need to know the exact size of your donuts that need to be packaged inside these boxes. Also get the following items at hand for a delay-free finish for your Custom Donut Boxes:
• Large enough sheet of paperboard or Kraft paper materials
• A ruler scale and a pointer for drawing lines
• A craft knife for cutting the paper
• A bone folder to make accurate folds
• Some paperboard staples
• Some food lining paper for the bottom side
• Any additional embellishments for your Donut Boxes
This process is a tried and tested DIY and is pretty basic in nature. Make sure to follow all steps in their correct order to finish your boxes neatly:
1. Start by having your paper materials laid flat of a flat work table. Some paperboard materials have defined outer and inner sides. Make sure your inner side is facing up and that the worktable surface is completely clean and dry
2. Keeping the size of your donuts in mind, draw the first square that will be the base of the bottom layer of your boxes. Draw a solid line for this section; this will be a folding side. Keep your folding lines solid and cutting lines dotted to separate between the two easily
3. Now, you will need to draw a line for the thickness or depth of your donut paper boxes. If you need to stack a couple on top of each other or even more, make this line accordingly. Also, go with a solid line, you can use a different colored pen to be more organized
4. Now measure your inner square perfectly that was for the bottom of your box. Draw another outer square in exact same measurements of the inner one. This will be the topside portion of your donut packaging. Three sides of this box will need to dotted lines as these will be cut to separate the box materials from the rest. Leave about an inch of paperboard material on the fourth side with a dotted line for the further most side
5. Get your craft knife and cut off on the dotted lines separating a donut box template from rest of the materials. Remove the outer materials and keep the template laid down flat
6. Get your bone folder and start folding on the solid lines. Start from the innermost square and give your material a full 90-degree fold on each line
7. You will need to cut on all corners of your box for a neat finish; these will later be stapled to close the box. Make sure to keep one side of your top layer intact at all times. This will make assembling the box easier
8. Stand up the walls of your box and verify its shape accurately. If it looks good, stable the cut sides joining them together. Make sure to have the sides as closely joined as possible
9. Your box should look almost ready now, place the paper lining inside and close the box with the lid going inside the front side. Move the box with slight force from every side to check for consistency in design
10. Now, you can add any embellishments like ribbons, floral designs or other paper-cut add-ons to your boxes. Glue them up or staple them on any of their sides depending on your preferences. You can also write any personal messages for your loved ones if making a donut gift box. If you want a printed design on your paper made Donut Boxes be sure to have them printed before you start working on it.
Custom Donut Boxes are some of the easiest DIY projects for most people. Having basic crafting skills and usually home available tools, you can make these beautiful boxes for your usage requirements. Whether you are preparing your own lunch box of planning to gift these to loved ones, this guide will help yours with box designing. Make sure to get your sizes accurate. The first couple of tries might not make great boxes but will train you enough for perfect finishes to follow.