Airtel Company has released a portable hotspot router that you can use in creating hotspots in order to access the internet. Owners of this hotspot router can make use of 2G, 3G or 4G internet speeds from any location of their choice. However, you will first have to setup and configure the hotspot router as per your requirements if it is to offer the best results. In this post, we are going to have a look at the steps that Airtel hotspot router owners have to follow before configuring Jiofi.local.html/index.htm settings.
Steps to follow when setting up and configuring your Airtel 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot Router
Below is a systematic guide that you can follow in order to setup and Configure the Airtel 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot Router.
- You will first have to open the back cover of your hotspot router, remove the battery and write down the information provided
- Next, switch on your Airtel hotspot router by pressing the power button. You will have to hold on to the button until the router is switched on.
- Connect the Airtel hotspot to your Personal Computer by selecting this option from the Wi-Fi settings.
- Correctly enter the default password of your hotspot after which it will be connected to the Personal Computer.
- Open the search bar of your installed browser and enter https://192.168.1.1 as the URL.
- Press the "'Enter" button on the keyboard of your Personal Computer or Desktop to access this site.
- You will be redirected to the user panel of the router from where you should click on "Login" button.
- Type in the Login credentials I.e. Username and Password in the spaces set aside for this information. You should make use of the default username and password to log in easily.
- After logging in successfully, you will have to click on the "Settings" option. This option can be easily identified on the homepage of Airtel Hotspot user panel.
- A new page will appear on the screen of your gadget. Here, you can configure the profile settings of your hotspot by clicking on this Option.
- Click on "WLAN" option which is the left hand of your current page.
- You will see an SSID option from where you should edit the default name and type in a new name.
- To change the password, you will have to click on "Pre-shared Key" option. Now type in the new password that you will rely on whenever you want to access the internet from your router.
- Finally, click on "Apply Setting" button to save the changes which you have just made. You will now have successfully configured your Airtel 4G Wi-Fi Hotspot Router.
It is highly advisable that you configure your Airtel 4G Hotspot router as soon as you purchase it. This action is very important since it will help in keeping the router secure from any person who may want to use your internet without authorisation. Furthermore, you can enjoy faster browsing speeds since the number of people using your Airtel 4G Hotspot Router is limited.