The Indian Institute of Management, Shillong, was established in the year 2008. Ranked at 30 by the NIRF 2020 and 18 by the Outlook 2020, IIM Shillong boasts of excellence in academic and extracurricular activities. Observing the growth of IIM Shillong in the past 5 years, its average placements has increased by 34% and has successfully placed its students in reputed MNCs.
Along with this, it promotes the holistic development of its students through a secure learning atmosphere, entrepreneurial initiatives, cultural interests, and updated courses. Thus, IIM Shillong can deliver good placements to its students and is popular among students.
IIM Shillong: Courses, Admission Process, Placements & Latest Initiatives
Here, we will discuss IIM Shillong in-depth. This will help you to know everything about one of the best Management Colleges in India.
IIM Shillong Admission Process-
1. IIM Shillong Admission takes place on the basis of a valid score obtained in the course-specific entrance exams.
2. The admission for its flagship PGP Course takes place via two phases.
3. Phase 1 is mainly the process of shortlisting the candidates pertaining to their CAT scores in the Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
4. Then phase 2 is followed by selecting students for the final merit list based on scores obtained by them in the GD, PI, and CAT.
5. General Category students require a minimum of 75 percentile in 3 of the sections.
6. PPGPEx (MBEE) Program admission is based on qualifying marks in CAT/GMAT
7. Admission to the Ph.D. and Ph.D. for working professionals shall be considered on the grounds of a valid score in GMAT, CAT, GRE OU UGC-NET followed by the PI round
IIM Shillong: Courses, Eligibility & Fees
IIM Shillong: Latest Initiatives
● IIM Shillong’s Centre for Development of North Eastern Region (CEDNER), in collaboration with the Consortium of Accredited Healthcare Organization (CAHO), hosted a brief 5-day online Master Class on Health Care Management.
● The IIM Shillong encouraged the successful promotion of Hindi languages.
● The college has conducted a Management Development Programme which aimed to highlight the leading faculties of the officials/authorities from the Indian Oil Corporation.
IIM Shillong: Placement Report-
The placement committee of IIM Shillong acts as a communication medium between its students and the corporates. The committee aims at inviting the well-known and reputed companies in the industry for final placements and summer internships. Along with this, the committee also organizes seminars, talks, presentations, live projects, corporate interactions, and competitions through their special enterprise called the ‘The Podium: A corporate guest lecture series.’
● IIM Shillong had a 73% increase in the highest CTC and 11.7% increase in the average CTC when compared to 2019.
● The highest CTC offered was INR 48.50 LPA, and the average CTC was INR 18.76 LPA in 2020.
● The students are offered to choose from a variety of job profiles like Retail Management, Risk Management, Sale and Marketing, Analytics, Public Relations, Product Management, Investment Banking, etc.
● Some of the most popular recruiters of 2020 were Thomas Reuters, Titan, Berger, Cap Gemini, JP Morgan and Chase, Godrej, IDFC First Bank, Mahindra & Mahindra, etc.
● The summer placements also witnessed a 17% growth when valued with the previous year of 2019.
● The highest stipend offered was INR 3 lakhs, and the average stipend given was INR 1.31 lakhs.
IIM Shillong: Scholarships-
IIM Shillong offers a Need-Based Financial Assistance Scheme to make the programs more accessible for the backward class and economically weaker students. Further, the candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PwD categories can take the benefits of the Government sanctioned schemes.
Along with this, IIM Shillong is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The college has also been accredited by EQUIS (EFMD Quality Improvement System) IIM Shillong, thus able to provide excellent placements to its students. Students can refer to the information above for future purposes. All the best!