Winter is around the corner. Those sweaty and patchy days are gone and now it’s time for you to relax and enjoy yourself. However, winter is not full of roses! There are certain aspects which need to be taken care of. For example, skin; it is during this time of the year you would experience dryness in the skin, things can get even worse for those who have a natural dry skin. During winter, makeup is very important for any special occasion and parties. No matter how expensive dress you have put on, if your skin doesn’t look good, then the entire effort would be a waste. In the following section, you will be offered a couple of easy-to-follow tips, which are available also in our beauty discussion forums would help make your skin fresh and rejuvenated.
Tips to Counter the Dryness of winter
Your skin tends to get rough during winter and it can be a nightmare if you have a party to attend! However, the good news is that there are ways to counter this situation. Here are a couple of tips that would help you to retain the natural moisture of your skin.
• Prepare your skin: It is quite similar to oiling your car. Applying good moisturizers every night before you go to sleep would help set the foundation. There is a wide range of different types of moisturizers which are available in the market. They come with skin nourishing and intense hydration ingredients. Make sure to use them on a daily basis. If you have a dry skin, you will experience the difference within a couple of days.
• Use gentle ingredients to wash your face: This is another very important step when it comes to taking care of your skin during the winter. Make sure that you washed your face every day, with something that is soft and soothing to your skin. There are different types of solutions available in the market. These solutions would help to remove the tones, makeup and would clean your skin without rinsing or drying your skin. You can also use natural ingredients like coconut oil and avocado which are very useful for removing dirt and softening your skin.
• Apply Good Moisturizers: This is one of the most vital steps when it comes to makeup during winter. Make sure to use moisturizers, which come with anti-inflammatory properties, which would help your skin to fight against irritation and flakiness. For those who have a oily skin, for them, gel products would be ideal as they tend to get absorbed in the skin quite easily. No matter whether you are preparing for a party or an event, it is in general necessary to apply moisturizers to your skin during the winter.
• Time to use Primer: Adding a primer would be an extra precaution. It would be a good idea to combine the moisturizing lotion along with the primer which contains rosehip oil and argan. By applying this mixture on your skin, you will prepare an even surface for the makeup.
• Use Lightweight coverage: During winter your skin tends to change. This is the time when you need to do a bit of experiment to find out which product suits you best. You should opt for different brands with different ingredients to see how your skin reacts to it. Whatever product you use, make sure that it has an effect for at least 12 hours. The idea is to make your skin soft and even. Longer it stays, more effective it is going to be.
• Prepare your Lips: It is very important to make sure that you have got rid of all the dead and dry skin from your lips. The idea is to exfoliate it. After all, you would be putting on a gorgeous lipstick, so you need to prepare the ground for it! Make sure not to apply lipstick while your lips are dry and rough. There are different types of moisturizers available in the market which you can apply while you go to bed. You will find a significant change in the morning. Besides, applying coconut oil can also bring a lot of difference. Once you have regained the moisture in your lips, you can now apply lipstick to your heart’s content.
• Don’t Over Do it: During winter, your skin is dry and sensitive. So, it is advisable not to go for a heavy makeup. Restrict yourself to little bit bronzer or blush on your cheeks. However, if you have a fair complexion, there would be a natural rosy redness on your cheeks during winter. As far as your eyes are concerned, you can use waterproof mascara, along with a light eyeshadow.
You will find more details on winter makeup tips at different beauty message boards . This is what it is all about as far as your face is concerned. For the rest of your body, you can apply moisturizer to keep the skin soft and hydrated.