It is impossible for an Indian not to be bitten by cricket keeda. It is in our genes . No other sports have witnessed this much transformation than our lovely cricket. Cricket is originated from southeast England in 16th century. It was popular as a 5 day test match, then came the 60 over matches . It further reduced to 5o over match and then to smart cricket i.e. T20.
Let us rewind our cricket history to find some valuable interesting facts about Indian cricket and relive some of the golden moment .
• 1.We barely remember Orissa's bowler, Debashish Mohanty who was opening bowler in 1999 world cup in England. This unpopular Indian bowler's action was inspiration for the logo of 1999 world cup.
• 2. Kapil Dev's 175 not out in 1983 world cup match against Zimbabwe was the first century by an Indian in an ODI.
• 3. 3 highest scores scored by a player against India in 21st century is all because of Ishant Sharma's blunder. They were all dropped by Ishant Sharma in their early innings. Alistair Cook-294,Brendon Mccullum-302, Michael Clarke-329.
• 4. In 1964,Indian spinner Bapu Nadkarni bowled 21 consecutive maiden over against England at Chennai.
• 5.B.S ChandraSekhar took more test wickets in his career than the runs he scored.
• 6. Sunil Gavaskar scored unbeaten 36 off 174 balls, while chasing 335 in 1975 world cup match against England.
• 7. Saurav Ganguly is the only cricket player who won Man of the Match award for 4 consecutive ODIs.
• 8.Virendra Sehwag's highest scores in T20 -119, ODIs-219 and Test matches -319 .
• 9. Shahid Afridi used Sachin Tendulkar's bat to hit the fastest century of that time. Waqar Younis gave him Sachin's bat in 1996 at Nairobi when he was batting against Sri Lanka.
• 10. The only cricketer who played test matches for India and England is Saif Ali Khan's grandfather Iftikhar Ali Pataudi.
In 150 years of cricket history, Chris Gayle is the only person to hit a six of the first ball of the test match.
Sourav ganguly is the only indian player to score century in the knockout stages of the world cup. Recently Rohit Sharma also achieved this feat
Saeed ajmal has never won a single MAN OF THE MATCH award in ODI
Bhuvaneshwar kumar has taken wicket on his ball in international cricket. Intrestingly some other players who have achieved this feat are NATHAN LYON, SHAMINDA ERANGA, KEVIN OBRIEN and the most unexpected INZAMAM-UL-HAQ.
Corntey walsh hold the record of most number of ducks as well as not outs in test cricket.
Most Extras in an innings = Pakistan against West Indies at Georgetown in guyana. A total of 71 extra runs were conceeded by Pakistani's, with 21 byes, 11 legbyes, 4 wides & no less than 38 no balls.