In ayurveda, we find a list of thousands of herbs with implausible and amazing benefits. One of them is Shatavari (plant with hundred roots). Its scientific name is Asparagus racemosus. Like other medicinal herbs, Shatavari also have several nutritional and proven benefits.
1) It has nature’s best anti-ageing and antioxidant properties which maintain skin elasticity and prevent it from wrinkles.
2) The dried roots of Shatavari can be taken in any form whether in powder or in juice. The regular consumption this herb can cure many ailments like gastric problems, ulcers, diabetes, whooping cough, arthritis, bronchitis, indigestion and heartburn etc.
3) The components of this herb are blessed with abundance of phytochemicals that strengthens our immune system. It is also a cardio protective herb, it plays a crucial role in relaxing cardiac system, lowering cholesterol level and pumping the heart muscles. Thereby reducing the risk of cardiac arrest.
4) It is an ancient female friendly herb. It holds a significant role in treating various health related problems in females. Consumption of Shatavari on regular basis improves fertility in women, regulates menstrual cycle, manage premenstrual syndrome and other hormonal problems. It enhances the libido in women. It is a strong galactagogue which is beneficial for production of breast milk in lactating mothers.
5) Apart from the above benefits, it has strong anti depressant abilities. It helps treat depression and combating mood swings in both men and women. Like women, it also has powerful benefits that regulate the male hormones, increase libido and stamina in men.