In India, where the major part of education is theory-based, and where students are not told how to apply practically what they have learnt, the job-seeking after completing a degree course is quite difficult.
(Courtesy: ADMEC Multimedia Institute)
According to a report by Your Story,
“On an average, more than 50 lakh students graduate every year in India, a three, four or five years of degree after 12th standard from all the streams. More than 75%+ students are entering the job market and Nearly 47 per cent of graduates in India unemployable.”
With this scenario, it’s not surprising that even the high-scoring students are opting for the diploma courses after 10th or 12th standards which teach them job skills better than any graduate course.
Even Delhi University offer many such courses in addition to its main graduate and postgraduate programs.
(Courtesy: Dainik Bhaskar)
Following are some highly-demanded diploma courses, which can increase your employability within a couple of years.
1. Art Teacher Diploma: This 2-year course makes you eligible for becoming an Arts teacher in schools by giving you the fundamental knowledge of visual and design. WLCI School of Advertising & Graphic Design in Delhi offers this course.
2. Diploma in 3D Animation: This course can vary in duration depending on the institute to institute. Usually, it lasts from 18 months to 2 years. After completing this course, you can get a job in any animation company, depending on how good are your skills. Arena Multimedia and Global School of Animation in Delhi offer this course.
3. Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology: This is also of 2 years of duration. Jobs like Catering Officer, Catering Supervisors & Assistants, Cabin Crew, Hospitality Executive etc, can be applied for on the basis of this diploma. In Delhi, Triambke Institute of Hotel Management is quite reputed for offering this particular course.
4. Foreign Language courses: Learning a foreign language can help you gain a good job of translators and make you eligible for the jobs of embassies. Course in languages like French, Spanish, German, Japanese, etc., can be done from the University of Delhi. For learning French, Alliance Francaise is also a reputed institute.
5. Diploma in Video Editing: Video representation of the information is the need of the hour. No one these days has the time to read lengthy articles and blogs, and hence prefer to watch videos instead. So there’s no doubt that video editors are highly demanded in almost all companies these days. Center for Research in Art of Film and Television and Asian Academy of Film and Television in Delhi-NCR offer various courses on video editing.