Technology is continuously evolving with the latest advancements and improvements, and several industries, by leaps and bounds, are trying not to lag in adopting the trend. Talking about the trend, Retail and e-commerce sectors are quickly adopting the concept of robotics warehouse automation. Other industries like manufacturing, logistics, and warehousing are getting connected with leading supply chain automation company to take brilliant automated systems and robotic solutions. The solutions can not only eliminate risks of injuries at the workplace but also build warehouses with higher productivity, throughput, and safety.
Businesses are familiar with the benefits of the lower cost of capital, quicker and enhanced ROI, and the methods of warehouse automation offered by robotics. This technology provides a fresh opportunity to make incremental investments, which can be recovered in a reasonable time. In search of advantages, a large number of companies are contracting supply chain automation companies to embed this technology.
Below, we have mentioned some warehouse robotics from the top supply chain automation company that you may use in your operation:
- Goods-to-Person Technology (GTP)
- Automated Storage and Retrieval System (AS / RS)
- Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR)
- Robotic Arms
Goods-To-Person (GTP) Technology:
Goods-to-person or GTP technology, considered similar to AS / RS in terms of principal, is different in its applications so far. In this environment, the automated storage system is capable of providing stock-keeping units to a stationary pickup station, where the operator is responsible for filling discrete orders. The system increases efficacy by enabling low-skill tasks to be completed through machines so that workers can perform highly complex tasks, allowing them to add more value to operations.
Automatic Storage and Retrieval System (AS / RS):
AS/RS, from the best supply chain automation company, is regarded as a family of automated warehouse technology. This solution helps to automate the inventory process and retrieve goods to use and further efficiently put them back into storage when they are no longer needed. Typically paired with WES (warehouse execution software), these systems are responsible for managing the various methods that are taking place within the operation.
Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs):
- AMR or autonomous mobile robots are basically in many ways like AGC and AGV:
- These robots can navigate around a facility or warehouse without asking for human intervention.
- They make the whole process of moving inventory or material from one place in the store to another easy.
- They automate the entire picking strategy and rely on an array of onboard sensors, maps, and computers that enable them to understand and interpret their environments.
- Another example of robotic technology, explicit robotic weapons, is permitted in the field of manufacturing and distribution.
- They can be mainly used to lift, move, bend, and otherwise manipulate a range of goods within a distribution center or warehouse.
- They can be used in a wide range of tasks, including receiving/storing, producing, lifting, or packaging, as well as shipping.
Introducing The Leading Supply Chain Automation Company:
Since its inception, GreyOrange has been serving as a reliable supply chain automation company. The organization caters to the automation needs of many clients. The company offers a wide range of solutions, like automatic picking systems, systems, AMRs and modular sortation systems. You may place an order by visiting the official site.