Hypothyroidism is a disease caused due to insufficient secretion of Thyroid Hormones from Thyroid Glands. This happens when there is deficiency of Iodine in our body. Iodine in our body is very important for the production of thyroid hormones. It is an inevitable part of our regular diet.
So the deficiency of Iodine causes many problems and one of them is the disease Hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism brings a lot of other problems along with it, like it causes pain in joints and swelling in men, and pregnancy complications in women.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism:
• The person suffering from Hypothyroidism often feels tired and sleepy.
• Muscles become weak
• May cause irregular menstruation cycle in women.
• Lack of concentration.
• Weakening of memory
• Sudden increase in weight.
How to avoid Hypothyroidism:
• Take Iodine in sufficient amounts: Iodine in diet should not be missed at any cost. Neither should it be taken in excess, as that is harmful too.
• Don’t take stress unnecessarily. It harbors not just Hypothyroidism, but many other diseases.
• Avoid Smoking: Smoking is one of the major reasons of this disease. You must quit smoking.