When it comes to the technology aspect of the smartphone market, we have a long way to go. The curved phones are already in the market. And in the coming days, we will see more manufacturers adapting to this new development.
The folding screen smartphones, that Samsung is rumored to be making, is right around the corner. And such handheld devices can really revolutionize the whole industry.
Also, in the coming years, we will see Artificial Intelligence become a core part of every phone. Unless we get someone like Jarvis that Iron Man had, innovations in this field will continue happening.
To outline few, here are the features we will definitely see in the upcoming launches of new smartphones of top brands:
- 5G – Yes, while India is cherishing its 4G networks, few of the telecom operators are already developing and testing 5G networks. In the coming months and years, we will see more and more smartphones compatible with the 5th Generation network.
- Faster WiFi- Let’s admit it, even till this day we find Wifi connection a complete drag, exceptionally slow when compared to wireless modems. The speed needs to increase – and so it will. Manufacturers are already producing high-quality hardware for this.
- Better Facial Recognition- iPhone X’s facial recognition has problems. And so does Samsung’s Iris Scanner. These technologies have a long way to go to perform optimally. The smartphone makers are already working hard to improve these features.
- Personal Assistant- Mentioned already, AI will continue to play an important role in the smartphone industry. Google Assistant, Siri, Cortana, Alexa and Bixby are decently good. But with the pace we are striding in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning, these assistants will become exceptionally smart in the coming years.
- eSIM- We would be bidding goodbye to SIM cards very soon. Manufacturers are planning to come up with eSIMs. These electronic SIM cards will be embedded in the hardware of the phone that would be encoded by your phone number. Like these days, you can change your phone number or service provider without actually changing that hardware SIM card, the eSIMS will basically leverage the same theory and practicality.
- Inbuilt Digital payments- Your phone number is already linked to your bank account and you can actually transfer money through phone numbers. The in-built digital payment system will further facilitate that. You wouldn’t need to download any third-party application to transfer money. Just like you call and send a message with a single click, money transfer will become just as universal and easy. Blockchain technology will play a major role here.
These are few improvements and innovations we will see in smartphones in the coming years.
So yes, if it already looks Smartphones are running out of ideas to improve and get better, wait for some time. In the coming years, a lot of new things will come. And these handheld devices won’t be anything that we see today.
Here are few concepts of futuristic smartphones…