Television serials are not new to India. Even in late 70s and early 80s Indians were fanatic about TV serials. During the days of Doordarshan, which was the only channel in India, Humlog, Buniyad, Shanti, Khandaan like TV serials made people crazy about them.
But those Indian TVserials were really good one and did not cross their limits either in story or in dialogues. But current generation daily soaps are beyond bearable. Their main story line is either 2 husbands or 2 wives. It is better if we don’t talk about the ethics and morals these serials are teaching.
Child marriage, child widow, child kidnapping, extra marital affairs, goondas behaviours, murders, superstition believes are the main ingredient in today’s Indian TV serials.
The only thing that the TV serial makers in India is worried about is the TRP ratings of their TV serials. They can do anything to increase the TRP ratings.
When the fans of Yeh Hai Mohabbatein , a TV serial from Balaji Televisions could not be able to continue watching the serial, they started a trend in Twitter called #EndYehHaiMohabbatein. But the producer of the serials Ekta Kapoor dismissed the trend and asked people to stop watching it.
Another worrying thing in Indian TV serials is casting of children in villainous roles. Child artists are more melodramatic and delivering the cruel dialogues in most of the serials they are in.
Next annoying trend is children in reality shows. Most of the judges criticising the participant child heartlessly and they don’t bother about the psychological effect it will create in the participating children’s life.
If you ask me I will ban all the TV serials in India which have no moral or ethical story line. But that can’t be possible. So let me give you some of the names of Indian TV serials that should be stopped.
1. Nazar – Useless story and drama with torturing supernatural and computer graphics.
2. Yeh rishta kya kehalata hai – Nothing is there in this serial except marriage ceremonies.
3. Naagin – People are watching Naagin 3. Hats-off to them. Superstitions and Indians are inseparable.
4. Yeh Hai Mohabbatein – Fans wanted this serial to be stopped 2 years back. But it continues and continues ...
5. Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah – I don’t understand the people’s taste when I see the number of episode on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. If it is the only comedy TV serial in India we can get, then we can better live without it.
But we all know that it is not in our hand to stop any Indian TV serials. But at least we can stop watching these nonsense nauseating serials and spend our time in other important useful activities.
image source - images.catchnews.com