Crispy Honey Chilli Potatoes is a very popular snack among children and adults. It is a great starter to serve in parties. It is a combination of spice and a pinch of honey that makes it ideal for both kids and adults. One can easily have honey chilli potatoes because it is easy to make with available ingredients at home.
Ingredients required: 3 cups potato fingers, 1 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste, 2 tsp chilli powder, 2 tsp red chiili sauce, 5 tbsp cornflour, salt, 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic, 1 tbsp dry red chilli flakes, 2 tsp vinegar, 2 tbsp honey, 1/2 tsp sugar.
Method to cook:
1. Put the potatoes, garlic paste, chilli powder,1 tsp red chilli sauce, cornflour and salt into a deep bowl and mix them gently.
2. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, and deep-fry potato fingers at time till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and heat it on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. Add the chilli flakes, the remaining 1 tsp of red chilli sauce and vinegar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
5. Add the honey, sugar and salt according to the taste and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
6. Combine the deep-fried potato fingers and prepared sauce in a deep bowl and toss well.
7. Serve immediately and garnished with coriander and seismic seeds.