Cutlets can be made of many varieties and in different ways. Which cutlet do you want to learn to make, depends on your preference and choice.
(Courtesy: Archana's Kitchen)
Given below is the recipe of potato and peas cutlet.
• Boiled potatoes (mashed): 2
• Boiled peas: 1 cup
• Breadcrumbs: 2 tablespoons
• Red chili powder: ½ teaspoon
• Salt: according to taste
• Green coriander leaves (finely chopped)
• Edible oil: as per requirement
• Cumin and Rye: ½ teaspoon each
• Asafetida: ¼ teaspoon
• Semolina (mixed with water): 1 tablespoon
• Heat the edible oil in a pan.
• Now add asafetida, rye, and cumin in the hot oil. Add the boiled peas and fry.
• Add mashed potatoes, red chili powder, and salt, and mix well. Keep it aside and let it cool.
• When it has cooled down, add the coriander leaves and mix them well.
• Now give the small lumps of mixture desired shapes.
• Heat some oil in a deep frying pan for deep frying the cutlets.
• Dip the lumps in the semolina mixture, then roll them with the breadcrumbs.
• Put the lumps finally in the hot oil for deep frying.
• Fry till the cutlets are golden brown.
• Serve hot with green chutney.