Galouti Kabab, better known as Tunday ke Kabab, is the mouth-watering delicacy of Lucknow. You, however, don’t have to visit Lucknow necessarily to have this delicious dish. Given below is its recipe.
• Minced meat: 500 grams
• Black cardamom: 3
• Cinnamon: 2 small pieces
• Garam Masala: ½ teaspoon
• Nutmeg powder: ½ teaspoon
• Semolina: 2 tablespoons
• Egg: 1
• Egg white: of 1 egg
• Gram flour: 4 tablespoons
• Onions (finely chopped): 2
• Ginger-garlic paste: 2 tablespoons
• Green coriander (chopped): 2 tablespoons
• Tandoori masala: 1 teaspoon
• Red chili powder: ½ teaspoon
• Butter: 3 tablespoons
• Salt: according to taste
• Wash the minced meat and drain out all the water by squeezing it.
• Put the meat, black cardamoms, cinnamon, garam masala, and nutmeg powder in a pressure cooker, add water, cover the lid, and keep it on the gas stove to cook.
• Let the ingredients cook until all the water has evaporated. You can check for it by opening up the lid after some time.
• When the meat has been cooked, let it cool, and then grind all the ingredients of the cooker in the mixer.
• Now heat some edible oil in a pan, and fry the chopped onions in it.
• Grind the fried onions too in the mixer.
• Mix the paste of fried onions, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, tandoori masala, garam masala, and salt, with the paste of the meat.
• Heat a pan on the gas, and roast gram flour in it. Add butter and coriander leaves to the flour and mix well.
• Mix the flour also with the mixture prepared before and keep the resultant mixture in the refrigerator for an hour.
• Prepare a solution of semolina, egg, and egg white in a bowl.
• Take the meat mixture out and divide it into small lumps. Give each lump your desired shape.
• Heat oil in a pan for deep frying the kababs.
• Dip each lump in the semolina solution and fry in the oil. Take out when it turns light brown.
• Deep fry all the lumps in the same way.
• Serve with green chutney or tomato ketchup.