Be it any kind, just the name of Paneer (cottage cheese) is enough to leave anyone mouth-watering. This is true with Achari Paneer too.
Here’s its recipe:
• Paneer (Cottage Cheese) - 250 grams
• Fresh Cream - 1/2 Cup
• Tomatoes - 3
• Onions (chopped) - 2
• Oil- 2-3 tablespoons
• Green Chilies - 2
• Green Coriander - 01 tbsp.
• Ginger - 1 inch piece
• Fennel - 1 Tbsp.
• Coriander Powder - 1 Tbsp.
• Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
• Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
• Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
• Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
• Garam Masala - 1/4 Tablespoon
• Red Chili Powder - 1/4 Tablespoon
• Asafoetida-1 pinch
• Salt - according to taste
• Wash and chop tomatoes, green chilies, and ginger, and grind them.
• Heat a pan on gas stove and roast mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and fenugreek seeds in it. Grind them as well.
• Heat 2 spoons of oil in a deep frying pan and fry the cut pieces of Paneer (cottage cheese) in it. Take them out and keep separately.
• Now heat some more oil, and asafetida in it.
• Add onions, all the ground masalas and fry.
• Add the already prepared paste of tomatoes, green chilies, and ginger, and stir the mixture thoroughly.
• Pour the fresh cream in the masala and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
• Now add salt and garam masala and fried paneer pieces in the pan and cook till the gravy turns a little thick.
Serve your Achari Paneer after garnishing with coriander leaves.
Translated from Hindi by LetsDiskuss