Education is a fastly spreading niche in online businesses. Educational sites are being made everyday in great numbers. But only few of them successfully get the attention of targeted users.
Because it is a very hard and competitive niche all around.
Coming to your question, If you are running an education site and you want to compete with the giants like collegedunia, you have to follow these steps carefully without missing even one of them:
1. Run an audit of your site. This will make your realize what are your positive points and what are rhe negative ones.
2. Concentrate on the On-page SEO. Content os your key to success. In education niche, only content can help you reach the heights.
3. Write informative articles with no plagarism at all. Use infographics on sites.
4. Rely on keyword stuffing and length of the article, more than relying on the backlinks.
5. Keep Off-page seo to the minimum.
6. Find what your Competitors are doing, how are they writing, how are they promoting the site?
And the most is to give your site time. An outsmarting the world leaders in a specific genre is not something you can do in months. It takes year to come true.