During the third quarter world tablet market declines 8.6%. But apple continued to be the leader in the market with double the shipments of its nearest competitor, Samsung. The revived Apple iPad with pencil costing at$329 launched in March 2018 continued to occupy the larger share in the tablet market.
In the third quarter of 2018 Samsung occupied second position in shipment volume, Amazon comes third and Huawei is in fourth spot. Only top companies are surviving and newer companies exit the tablet market.
The reasons for the Cupertino based Tech giant Apple maintaining the top position are -
• their continuous investments in innovations
• concentrating on quality of the product
• spending huge amount on advertisement
• Keeping the brand value at any cost
• Cutting edge technology
• Look of the iPad
• Their consumer service and interaction with customers
• Durability of the product
Apple reported in their third quarter results, sales of 9.7 million iPads in that period. A dip of nearly 1 million unit from last year third quarter sales. Despite a 6% dip in the sales Apple iPad is continue to leading the market.