Human Capital Management
Human capital management is a set of practices and techniques, which organization use to meticulously improve recruiting, management and of course performance of employees.
How Gamification Strategies Help In Corporate Learning?
One of the challenges a chief learning officer face is how to keep the corporate training engaging and effective? Corporate training along with learning development of the workforce, are the two biggest challenges of a chief learning officer. And since it is the world of online games, it is not surprising if our chief learning officers are turning to these online games to learn their gamification strategies and applying it in their corporate training module.
How Gamification In Business Can Help Organizations?
Gamification in business is fast proving to be eLearning developers and designers a best way to learn different methods to increase engagement and even effectiveness in corporate training. Some of the popular and successful games are what these learners checking out to find effective ways to enhance engagement and effectiveness of the corporate training program. One such game that these learners or chief Learning officers are keen on studying is the popular game Candy Crush Saga. Yes, Candy Crush Saga – the game, in fact, has a lot to teach and we would share some of the really interesting and important points that you as a learning officer could also incorporate in your training module.
1. Defining your monetization strategy: Corporate training and monetization strategy – what’s the connection? Well here’s the connection and it is called return-on-investment. While defining the monetization strategy you would need to define what business goals you would want to meet and what level of performances are required to meet those goals? While it is difficult to measure success and define goals but it needs to be done, if you don’t want to spend lots of money with no surety of success.
2. Keep your focus on mastering content and job performance rather than gameplay: Content is, was and would always be a king whether it is a gaming world or anything else. And as a chief learning officer it is your responsibility to ensure that the workforce has mastered the content and then translated the content knowledge into real job performance.
3. Keep tangible things as rewards: When rewarding your employees think about things that would really motivate them to do their best and encourage them to reach their goals in an effective manner.
4. You need to think outside the game “box”: You also need to think outside the gaming world as these gaming people do. Similarly, you need to think about how you can integrate your organization’s existing tools in your own gamification design and involve other platforms like social media tools that would help you in ensuring that the corporate training module is fun, engaging and at the same effect.
While these gamification strategies could lead you to create a training module that would help you in creating a corporate training program that is not only effective but also engaging at the same time. Because as a chief learning officer your responsibilities don’t end here. It would be your responsibility to oversee that each of the above-mentioned strategies is getting their worth in the training module.
Human Capital Management – What You Should Know
As an HR professional, you must be aware that people are the most valuable asset of any organization. And if they are not managed alias – not engaged, not motivated or not encouraged might just up and leave your organization for greener pastures.
And this is where you need to bring back ‘human’ in your talent management strategy or human capital strategy. Remember at any given point talent would be your major strength – when fighting competitors or achieving goals. After all self-motivated and engaged employees would give their hundred percent to the organization and would take it to the new heights.
But how do you ensure that your people are motivated enough to enjoy their work and engaged enough to take up new responsibilities and work towards them? Simple through the Human Capital Management. But wait what is it and how would it help you in managing the talent in your organization. Read on to know…
Human Capital Management – What Is It?
Let’s understand what is human capital management. As industry insiders describe it, human capital management is a set of practices and techniques, which organization use to meticulously improve recruiting, management and of course performance of employees. All these tools and practices are used by the Human Resource department to ensure a smooth functioning of an organization.
With the constant evolution of the role of HR R department, there was a need for a human capital management software, which helped in achieving the needs and expectations of the workforce that was changing quickly.
It is a given fact that ‘people’ are the most important asset of your organization and human capital management is all about managing this talent. This is where the HR team plays a major role and is considered responsible for managing the personnel, payroll, benefits administration including other operational tasks important for a smooth function.
It is only when the core HR functions run smoothly, employees would have a good experience and would focus on their job responsibilities. And to ensure all is working smoothly, the HR department needs a well-thought and formulated Human Capital Strategy. A strategy that would allow the HR department to focus on the core strengths of each and every employee and work with them accordingly to help them achieve their personal best. In turn, helping the organization in achieving the company’s set goals and achievement.
Some of the best human capital management strategies may include –
1. Identification of the right talent during the recruiting process
2. Offering a healthy support and effectively managing employees throughout their careers
3. Grooming and developing leaders from early on to create a pipeline of leaders
The above three steps are important for human capital strategy, as these steps would be able to guide the human resource department to successfully ensure, human capital strategy is being applied to achieve results. When an HR department is able to identify and recruit the right talent right during the recruitment process, it achieves a quarter of success. And when an HR department is actively involved with employees to keep them engaged and motivated, employees give their best performance and might also be ready to take up the leadership roles in an organization. And all this is a part of a human capital strategy to ensure a smooth functioning of a business house, with no dearth of the right amount of leaders.