India is one of the few countries in the world where you can enjoy each season to their extreme extents. But only sometimes, these extreme climactic conditions, specially the hotness of summer season, force us to take a good vacation and spend some quality time away from the deadly summers. If you are feeling the same way then you are about to get treated with a list of 12 Indian Destinations which you could visit to beat this summer heat.
As India is quite a vast country, I am going to break this list into 4 universal directions East, West, North and South to make my list easy as well as fair for everyone.
So, here are some cool places in Northern India to beat the heat:
1. Kashmir Valley: The beautiful and scenic beauty of Kashmir is the best thing you could see in summers.
2. Manali: A very famous yet not fully explored place which turns into the tourist magnet every summer. Kasol is other alternative.
3. Auli: One of the less explored as well as hidden gems in Uttarakhand is Auli.
Let's move to the Eastern beauty of Indian Subcontinent:
4. Darjeeling: One of the most beautiful as well as famous destinations from eastern India.
5. Shillong: The capital of Meghalaya is one of the true heavenly places in India.
6. Gangtok: With a clear view of mighty Himalayan range covered with snow, this place is a must visit in core summers.
It's time for the Western India:
7. Mount Abu: The most visited summer holidays destination as well as a well-versed honeymoon destination in India.
8. Lonavla: A famous tourist destination of Maharashtra with popular places such as Khandala.
9. Saputara: Gujarat's hidden gem in terms of hill station, and a must visit place to beat the summer heat.
And finally the Incredible Southern India:
10. Munnar: This highly praised place in Kerala is a true wonder in terms of everything. A must visit place according to me.
11. Ooty: The precious crown jewel of Tamil Nadu which is one of coldest places in South India. It is one of the best places to visit any time of the year.
12. Idukki: A beautiful destination famous for being a heat killer in the summers as well as a popular honeymoon destination for all seasons.