Well, this popular sitcom ended decades ago but its craze is as much today as it was earlier.
Many would say that so much has been written and said about this show, that there is hardly anything left to know. Well! If you think this, you are probably wrong. You can dig as deeper as you want for the information about this show, and you will get something new coming out each time.
Yes, my friend, there is a reason that this show is still giving competition to the current sitcoms.
See for yourself how much deeper have you dug until now.
• Starting from the name itself, before the makers settled for this simple and classic title or the series, they had Insomnia Café, “Friends Like Us”, “Six of One”, and “Across the Hall” in mind.
• Getting to the theme song, it was “Shiny Happy People” by R.E.M initially and later it was changed to “I’ll be There For You” by Rembrandts.
• This song became the #1 single on the American Pop Charts.
• The love story between Joey and Monica was intended to be the main love interest of the whole series.
• Lisa Kudrow’s real-life pregnancy was written into the series and she carried her brother’s triplets. Courteney Cox’s real-life pregnancy during the few months of the final season, however, could not have been written due to the initial claim made in the series that she and Chandler can’t have a baby. So it was hidden with costumes and props.
• Courteney Cox is the only of the six regular cast members not to receive an Emmy nomination.
• All the main characters are named after “All My Children’s” characters.
Ross –Ross Chandler
Joey –Joey Martin
Chandler –Chandler Family
Rachel Greene –Janet Greene
Phoebe –Phoebe Tyler Wallingford
• All the six main actors are known for their solidarity leverage, as they threatened the series for getting the equal salaries after the first season.
• Everyone had the same last name, “Arquette” in the credits of Season 6 Episode 1. This was on the account of Courteney Cox’s marriage with David Arquette, after which, her name was changed to “Courteney Cox Arquette”.
• Lisa Kudrow hated playing guitar at first. She even asked if Phoebe could play the Bongos instead. By the guitar teacher hired for her, she only learned a few chords, which was left that way only in the show.