The Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa is going to conduct a state level entrance exam called Goa Common Entrance Test or GCET. It is an offline examination which provides admission for various engineering courses in Institutions within the state. The exact date for the examination has been released by the authority, i.e., 7th May 2019 and 8th May 2019. The exam will be conducted for two days where the 1st day is for Physics and Chemistry and the 2nd day is for Mathematics. If you are willing to apply for this course then fill out the GCET Application Form 2019 which is going to release by the 1st week of April 2019. If you get qualified in this examination then you will admission into the top Government colleges of Goa. Since there are limited seats, therefore, the authority will prepare a Merit List on the basis of which the students will get the admission. Get the complete information on this topic from the article given below.
Image Source : Google
• The Application Form will release on the 1st week of February 2019. Only those candidates are allowed to give the exam who are eligible for the exam. Read the Eligibility Criteria given below before you apply for this exam
1. The candidate has to be an Indian National.
2. NRI, PIO, and OCI candidates are also eligible to apply under the NRI category.
3. There is no age limit for this exam for the candidates who are going to apply for courses in engineering and pharmacy.
4. Candidates should have a qualifying certificate of 10+2 exam with minimum 45% marks (40% marks for reserved category). English, Physics, and Mathematics have to be the main subjects in the certificate. Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science/Biotechnology has to be there as an additional subject.
• You can obtain the Application Form from the official website. Since the form has to be sent offline, the candidates will have to download the Application Form from the website and then fill it. Fill out the form and send it to the address mentioned on the website. Candidates have to carefully fill out the Application Form and choose the exam centre according to their own preference. The GCET Exam Centres 2019 are Verna, Vasco, Tiswadi Cujira, Panaji, Ponda 1, Bicholim, Curchorem, Ponda- Farmagudi, Cuncolim, Assagao, Dharbandora, Porvorim, Mapusa, Navelim, Sanquelim, and Porvorim.
• Lastly, the candidates have to submit the Application Fee through a Demand Draft in favour of “Director of Technical Education” and payable at “Panaji”. The Application Fee is Rs. 1800. The last date to apply for this examination is the last week of April 2019. You can’t apply for the exam once you miss the last date.
• The Admit Card will be available on the official website as soon as the Application Form is submitted by the candidates. It is compulsory for all the students to carry their Admit Card on the day of the examination. Without the Admit Card, no one would be allowed to give the exam.
• GCET 2019 is an offline examination and is going to be conducted on the 7th May 2019 and 8th May 2019. Only MCQ type questions are going to be asked in this examination.
• On the first day, i.e., 7th May 2019, questions from Physics and Chemistry will come for the exam. And on the second day, i.e., 8th May 2019, questions from Mathematics will come for the exam. The duration of the exam is 2 hours on both the days.
• Since it is an MCQ based exam, therefore, for answering you will have to select on correct option from 4 different options in the OMR sheet. Candidates would be given 1 mark for every correct answer. There is no negative marking for this exam.
• An Answer Key will release by the 3rd week of May 2019. Candidates would be able to cross-check their answers with the help of the Answer Key.
• The Result will declare on the 3rd week of May 2019. The Result is going to be published on the official website. Candidates can download their Result from the website.
• After the final announcement of the Result, the exam conducting authority will prepare a Merit List on the basis of the marks obtained by all the students in the examination.
• The candidates who are going to get selected after the release of the Merit List will be called to participate in the Counselling Process.
• The Counselling Process will start by the 4th week of May 2019. The Counselling Process is going to be conducted just before the Admission.
• Candidates will have to visit the University that they are allotted in during the Counselling Process. It is compulsory for all the candidates to visit the venue with all their documents.
Do send us your feedback in the comment box given below.