Since it’s winters, I will tell you about a dish made with Paneer, which is savored in this season with relish by my children. Since they are bored with the usual combination of Palak-Paneer, I made for them, Methi-Paneer.
• Paneer (cottage cheese) –diced: 250 grams
• Methi (fenugreek): 250 grams
• Tomato puree: ½ cup
• Red chili: 1
• Garam Masala: 1 tablespoon
• Coriander powder: 1 tablespoon
• Red chili powder: ½ tablespoon
• Edible oil: as per requirement
• Salt: according to taste
• First of all, wash the methi leaves and boil them. When it’s boiled grind it in a mixer.
• Heat some oil in a pan and fry the diced paneer in it.
• Take a deep frying pan, heat oil in it, and add red chili. Add tomato puree and fry it with the chili.
• Add salt, garam masala, coriander powder, and red chili powder, and mix well. When the mixture is cooked wholly, add the grind methi and stir thoroughly.
• When it is mixed well, add paneer, and let it cook.
• Turn the gas stove off after a few minutes and serve hot with paratha.