Most of the people like to go with White Sauce Pasta when they are given a choice. Red Sauce Pasta too can be made as delicious as the White Sauce Pasta, if it’s made properly. Given below is the recipe for it.
(Courtesy: Thyme with Catherine)
• Penne Pasta: 2 cup
• Oil: as per requirement
• Salt: according to taste
• Capsicum (chopped): 1
• Tomatoes (diced): 3-4
• Onion: 1 (cut vertically in thin pieces); 1 (chopped)
• Garlic: 5-6 buds; 3-4 buds (chopped)
• Boil 2 cups of water in a pan and cook tomatoes in it.
• Add onion and garlic and season it with a pinch of salt.
• Let it boil.
• After the tomatoes are boiled properly, cool it and grind to make a puree.
• Heat oil in a different pan, and fry chopped onion and chopped garlic to it. Then add the tomato puree, stir for a while and keep it aside.
• Boil pasta with some salt.
• Drain the leftover water.
• Add the tomato sauce prepared to it and stir well, taking care that the pasta does not get smashed.
• You can also season it with oregano if you like.