Five Important Ways to Secure Your Wireless Network
Netgear genie setup page by going through mywifiext. For this step, you have to install and enable Netgear genie app on all your smart wired and wireless devices.
Tips for Checking the Status of your Linksys Range Extender
Are you trying to found the Status of Linksys Extender? Do you want an accurate solution to such brain-teaser and maddening issue? Then, you will be glad to know that here on this post you will get an instant result to your maddening problem. Remember, checking the status is essential so that you can confirm whether it is connected to your wireless network or not. On the other hand, you can also verify whether it is receiving the correct IP address from your router or not.
Follow some below given steps in order to check the status of your Linksys Extender
1. Via Ethernet cable, connect your computer with the range extender. Now, in the address bar, you can either log in through http://extender.linksys.com or extender.linksys.com or the default IP address of the range extender.
2. Next, under ‘Status’ in the left navigation, click on ‘Device Info’.
3. After that, under the ‘Network Address’, check the ‘Subnet Mask’ followed by ‘Default Gateway’.
Note: All these supposed to be same as your existing wireless router. Also, the default IP address should contain the same first three octets.
Each and every device in your home network that is connected to your WiFi router should have the same first three octets as the ‘Default Gateway’. If the Default Gateway is 192.168.1.1, then your other devices should have an IP address of 192.168.1.x. Remember, ‘X’ is the only value that is totally different from each other.
4. Now, under ‘Status’ (in the left navigation), consider clicking on ‘WLAN Statistics’.
5. After that, check the SSID (network name) field whether it is same as your wireless network or not. If it is, then click on the ‘Status’ below. Note down that it should say ‘Associated’.
NOTE: These settings supposed be the same as the 5GHz settings. Remember, only if you have a simultaneous ‘dual-band’ router.
In case, the shared process doesn’t work, consider resetting your Linksys Range Extender
How to Reset Linksys Range Extender
Well, a Linksys range extender in this modern world is very useful to boost and enhance the internet coming out of your existing router to the far corner of the house. But, you have to apply some basic steps given below in order to make your range extender up and running.
Like other extenders, Linksys also have two main ways to be reset and restore.
1. Soft Reset
• Switch on your PC or a laptop.
• Launch a web browser of your choice in order to access the setup page of the Linksys range extender (web-based).
• Now, in the address bar type the default IP address of range extender or Linksys extender.linksys.com.
• Next, fill in the login credentials (username and password) by default.
• After that, move to ‘Administration’ field in order to proceed towards the reset process of your Linksys range extender.
• At last, click on ‘Factory Reset’ button.
2. Hard Reset
• Shut down your PC or laptop and disconnect all the active connections from your range extender.
• After that, connect the power cable and let your range extender to boot up completely.
• As soon as your Linksys range extender boots up, consider inserting a paper clip in the factory reset hole for 20 seconds.
• Once your range extender boots up, shut down for device for five minutes and restart it again.
If the mentioned process doesn’t work, then give us a chance to help you. What you have to do, just dial a toll-free number 1-844-677-7233 and give us the chance to prove helpful and best for you.
Handy Tips to Boost up Your Internet Speed
In this modern era, where technology has reached high-heights, it is impossible to move even a single step without internet. Having a speedy and capable WiFi connection is the need of every human being. In this post, we will tell you how you can make your devices connected with each other and also how to boost up your internet range. On the other hand, if you are a Netgear user we would be honored to help you in Netgear Extender Setup.
Let’s Get Started
Set a limit between Your Bandwidth and Other WiFi Devices
There is no doubt that the usage of internet and its users are increasing day by day. The WiFi signals mess with each other and result in breaking down of the internet speed. The WiFi devices in today’s modern world come with some extra enormous feature that it set a limit of bandwidth for other networking devices. You can go through this process by a simple technique given below.
• First of all, hit the Windows button on your keyboard or the start icon on your desktop.
• After that, type gpedit.msc in the search bar.
• Now, you can see in the dialog box ‘LOCAL POLICY GROUP EDITOR’, look at the left side of the box and click ‘ADMINISTRATIVE TEMPLATE FOLDER’.
• Here, you have to select your preferred network (right side) and click on the option ‘QoS Packet Schedule’ under ‘settings section’.
• Next, double-click on the file ‘LIMIT RESERVABLE BANDWIDTH’ and after this successful click, you will see an option ‘NOT CONFIGURED’ (default).
• Set a limit from 20 to 0 by selecting enable.
• At last, click OK to continue.
Thus, the above given steps will improve the speed of your existing network and also helps in completing the process of New Extender Setup via mywifiext.Local.
For, your range extender setup you would acquire to have a router updated by the latest version of technology. Moreover,
• An Ethernet cable so that you can connect them both with each other physically and properly.
• After that, grab your laptop and PC and connect it with your range extender.
• Open a web browser and type mywifiext.net in the URL or address bar.
• Here, you will be prompt to fill the default login details to take the process of Netgear extender setup to a successful end.
If you face mywifiext.net login issues, then check your internet connection follow some below given points and try again.
If you want to access any site via internet in a faster way, the very first step you have to do is to clear all the malicious files and malware including cache, cookies, browsing history from your PC. Managing cache heaps up your entire system automatically. On the whole, caches also used to speed up your internet speed, but sometimes it often slows down. However, you don’t have to think much about your internet/ WiFi range.
If you are still experiencing internet issues, then do not hesitate in asking our tech support team.
Make the Use of Your Device Manager
• Right-click on desktop screen on computer or a laptop.
• Left click on the Properties.
• Look at the left panel and select DEVICE MANAGER.
• After that, you need to expand PORTS section (when a new window appears in front of your home screen).
• In order to continue, double-click on COMMUNICATION PORT.
• Click on the PORT SETTINGS.
• Save the setting, restart your computer and experience the high-range of your internet range all over the house.
If you want to extend www.mywifiext.net, make sure that you are receiving live internet connection from the main router.
Set Up Google DNS to Enhance Your Internet Speed
• Hit the windows button on your desktop.
• Go to Control Panel.
• Select NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER.
• Click highlighted option (blue) CHANGE ADAPTER SETTINGS.
• Here, you can see the list of available networks. You just have to select on a network that range belongs to you and whose range you want to extend.
• Now, take your cursor on the connected network and right-click by selecting PROPERTIES.
• Now, look for the (networking section) INTERNET PROTOCOL VERSION 4(TCP/IPv4) select and click on the first option from the right side from the bottom.
• As soon as you have done with the above-mentioned step, choose an option USE THE FOLLOWING DNS SERVER ADDRESSES, and fill the Google DNS value.
• Continue further by clicking OK.
Restart your devices, before enjoying the high-range of internet speed.
After a successful restart, consider trying for this:
• Pull up a web browser and type mywifiext.net in the address bar.
• Type the default username and password on the page displayed.
• A prosperous login will take you to Netgear Genie setup, where you can manage, repairs and wheel up the security,
speed and limit of your home networking system. Moreover, you can also create a protected shield among unidentified people by taking full access in your hand of guest access and parental control feature.
Know more about Netgear genie app and its feature from our tech support team.
We hope that our views shared in this post proved helpful for you. We would like to know more. Drop your queries, suggestion, and feedback in the comment box given below. You are also free to ask for Netgear Extender Support.
Top 5 Netgear Routers to Buy in 2018
Netgear is a multinational company well-known to produce networking hardware for its users, service providers and, even businessman. On the other hand, its products cover a variety of widely used technologies like wireless extenders, routers, powerline, etc. with a focus on reliability and its simplicity of usage. It may also interest you to know that its products also include wired and wireless devices for broadband access, network connectivity, Netgear Extender Setup for a high range of internet connectivity all over even at dead zones. They are also available in multiple configurations to meet the needs of its users in each sector and geographic region.
What are you looking for? Netgear’s top best routers are available in the market for you? Please have a look onto the list given below.
1. The Netgear R7500-200ANS Nighthawk X4
When the question comes to a prominent combination of performance and price, the review will only focus on the incredible choice the “Netgear R7500-200NAS Nighthawk X4 Router”. Do you know this device comes with an extra smart feature that includes 600Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and almost 1,733 on the 5GHz band? Also, the X4 is designed to perform well and the (4x4) stream WiFi architecture is ideal for video (4K) streaming and free gaming as well.
Whereas, the MU-MIMO technology direct signals to mywifiext.net setup and every connected device in order to increase wireless strength, signal, range, and stability. Moreover, talking about the external feature of the device, the X4 hardware is powered by a 1.4GHz dual-core processor, and also successful in maintaining the range while working concurrently with dynamic QoS and also for reducing the packet loss. Its four-high performance external antennas come with a technological feature that includes beamforming and technology for a count to boost to the existing signals and appropriate bandwidth to all the needed devices.
2. For a Better Performance of Speed Switch to Netgear Nighthawk X6
Choosing the Netgear Nighthawk X6 router would be the best decision ever taken by the user. It is specially designed for voice command and its six external high-performance reliable antennas, which combine the tri-band WiFi in order to amplify the performance and presentation of the existing signal strength of the internet. Whereas, it’s 1GHz dual-core processor works next to three offline processors to maintain the network performance of the entire system. Also, the smart connect software of Netgear works together to allow each device to connect to the strongest and secure signals ever.
Moreover, the Netgear Nighthawk X6 comes with an entire speed of 3.2Gbps across the 2.4GHz and 5GHz 802.11ac bands. The X6 is just designed for 4K streaming, online gaming and accessing Netgear Genie Setup page as well, to give the high-quality of internet speed and reliability to its users to access without any buffering or signal breakage all over the house.
3. The Best Buy in Budget for you, The Netgear Nighthawk AC1750
Well, this device is compatible with 802.11ac that provides its users speed up to or above 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and moreover 1,300Mbps on the 5 GHz band. It may also interest you to know that this device of yours can support more than ten devices at the same time. Well, the Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 is also attuned for voice command and its internal dual-core processor powers the hardware to help in maintaining the steady, secure, and, stable performance of the device.
Its three external antennas are meant for high-speed of signal strength and also helpful in configuring your Netgear extender by the means of mywifiext.net login page.
4. The Netgear Nighthawk X10, the Best Splurge for Users
We would like to ask our users that when the question comes to the best performance of signal connectivity at the best price, what you would like to select and prefer? Obviously, the Netgear X10 would be more than equal to the task, which is among the finest routers available in the market. This device would be using 802.11ac connectivity and also reaching the speed of 7,200Gbps across the 2.4 and also the 5GHz bands.
The internal hardware of the device is determined by a quad-core, 1.7 GHz processor is capable of handling VR gaming, Web browsing, 4K streaming, and much more. Also, the four external antennas of the device include extra added signal amplification in order to maximize the range and bandwidth for internet lovers and users.
5. Netgear Orbi for best performance and Range
It will interest you to know that the Netgear Orbi Mesh WiFi comes with a satellite and router in order to provide internet coverage up to 5,000 square feet at every corner of the house and even to those areas mentioned as dead zones. This device also comes with the feature that gives the internet owner permission to have full access on parental control. There is also an ability to set up guest networks, complete guide for the installation of Netgear extender and Mywifiext.net Setup Success safely and successfully.
Note: For Netgear Extender Setup, connect your router to the Netgear device with the help of an Ethernet cable. After that, connect your computer with it and in the address bar type mywifiext.
For more assistance and help, ask our tech support team to help you in selecting the best buy for you. Just drop your feedback and queries in the below-given comment section.
Five Important Ways to Secure Your Wireless Network
It is very tough to handle a hacker attack when it is spacious without any security or password into it. Without the wireless security, not only the intruder but anyone gets the authority to get into your network without your permission. That’s call tress-passing, but you are helpless to do anything. Your Netgear Extender Setup also asks to first enter the login details for security reasons to go further.
Wireless security is as important as breathing to anyone because no one wants their network to be hacked; everyone wants to save their home networking system and family members. No one wants to live under threat or want their data or money to be steeled.
Let us help you out with some steps that you can implement and fasten your WiFi system.
1. Turn on WPA2 security on your device- In case you haven’t changed the wireless settings and after a long time you tend to change it, there are chances that maybe you are using an outdated technology which will give hackers an open invitation to enter into your network. WPA2 is up-to-date technology that won’t allow hackers to enter without your authorization ever.
It completely depends on how old your device is, maybe your device needs an update and you are supposed to do that I order to secure your device. Your existing device may not support such security but yes the new wireless devices do support WPA2 security.
2. Do not make use of an ordinary SSID (Wireless Network Name)-
It may be a shocking thing for you to know that hackers have the list, which contains more than 1000 wireless network name. In case your network name is on the list, intruders have already had them that will be much easier for them to have full access to it. So in that case, you actually need an extra strong password. If possible create your own network name and do not take help of dictionary words. For more assistance and comfort, you can take the guidance of an IT professional.
3. Built as strong password as you can- Always remember that a short length password is much easy for anybody to hack than a strong one. Do not create network name and password in combination. By doing this you are listing yourself on the top number on hackers list. Always use a password that includes symbols, numbers and alphabets. We believe that a password should be built that have more than 12 characters. Also, note that the number of devices and WiFi network easily catch your device no matter how strong security you have applied to your network.
4. Apply Extender/Router Firewall Security- In today’s era of modern technology, Netgear offers a vast range of products that come with firewall security which helps you to keep intruders miles away from your home network. As soon as you bought your device, you are supposed to configure the firewall security. You can also take the help of Netgear genie setup page by going through mywifiext. For this step, you have to install and enable Netgear genie app on all your smart wired and wireless devices.
5. Turn the Admin via Wireless feature off on your device- This element is a lot much helpful for giving full control in your hands to keep hackers out of your WiFi network. This also ensures that someone who is physically connected with your extender or a router with the help of an Ethernet cable can access the executive features of your WiFi network. It also prevents to turn off other security like your network name, password and firewall security that gives you a valid IP address with a safe, secure and a reliable network.
If the above-shared views are appropriate and helpful for you, do let us know. We are excited to receive your feedback in the comment box that is only designed for you to share and ask the queries related to mywifiext.net not working and to secure your wireless network from the attack of unidentified people.