Winters, Moongdal Pakodas, and tea….nothing can beat this combo. But there is one thing which is as good as this –the same Pakodas with gravy. It is very easy to prepare.
(Courtesy YouTube )
• Yellow split gram (moong dal): 1 cup
• Onion: 1
• Ginger (grated): 1 small piece
• Green chili (chopped): 1
• Clove: 2
• Black cardamom: 1
• Black pepper: 2
• Asafetida: ½ teaspoon
• Cumin: ½ teaspoon
• Red chili powder: ½ tablespoon
• Coriander powder: ½ tablespoon
• Salt: According to taste
• Turmeric: ½ tablespoon
• Edible oil: for deep frying
• Coriander leaves (finely chopped): 1 cup
• Soak the lentil in water for five hours. Then grind it in the mixer.
• Separating all the lentil in small lumps, deep fry them in the oil, making small fritters of dal. Keep them separately.
• Now grind onion, ginger, green chili, clove, black cardamom, and black pepper together, making a paste.
• Heat oil in a pan and fry cumin and asafetida in it.
• Now fry the prepared paste in it.
• When it is fried properly, add two cups of water and let it boil.
• When the gravy becomes thick, add the previously prepared fritters to it and garnish with the coriander leaves.