The most famous historical love stories between two people of different religions in India, according to me, are that of Bajirao and Mastaani Bai, and Jalaluddin Akbar and Jodha Bai. I’m sure you must have heard about these two as well, as Bollywood had made movies of them too.
Apart from these, there are many historical inter-religious marriages that happened in India, but I’m not sure how many of them were love marriages and how many were just the marriage of convenience.
Some of the inter-religious royal marriages that happened in India are as follows:
1. Ruler of Odisha, Ramachandra Deva II married the daughter of Nawab of Odisha, a Muslim.
2. In Tikri, Bihar, Lt. Colonel Gopalsaran married Sayeda Khatun and later also married an Australian woman.
3. The son of Gopalsaran, Amar Singh also married Sultan Jahan, a Muslim. After her, he married Nargis.
4. Mod Narain Singh of Bihar married a Muslim girl too, named Bairati Begum.
5. Another interreligious marriage in Bihar was between Maharaja Sumair Singh Tikari and Begum Sultan Jahan.