What are some less known facts about Nita Ambani?Add Answer
The Queen. The elegance. The mystic. That’s Nita Ambani….
oops ….these are well-known facts and I am supposed to write the less-known facts about Nita Ambani! Here we go…..
For instance, did you know Nita Ambani is the first Indian woman to be elected as the member of International Olympic Committee (IOC)?
Wife to India's richest man Mukesh Ambani, she has taken up many measures in recent times to promote sports in the country. For this, in 2017, she also received Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Award at the Rashtrapati Bhavan from President Ramnath Kovind.
Here are some other less-known facts about Nita Ambani:
· Coming from a middle-class family, she used to work as a school teacher before marriage.
· She founded (and also chairpersons) Dhirubhai Ambani International School (DAIS), which is often tossed as one of India's premier schools. Unsurprisingly though, the fees of DAIS is premium. According to a report, the parents of students in class 8,9,10 have to shell INR 4.48 lakh annually.
· She leads the ambitious "Education for All" (EFA) initiative of Mumbai Indians, an IPL team she also co-owns, that aims to provide education to the underprivileged children. Till date, the initiative has reached over 70,000 students. (Remember, Nita Ambani, sitting with scores of children on stands during IPL matches?)
(Courtesy: Economic Times)
· The Met in New York, most iconic museum in the world, honored Nita Ambani in 2017 for her philanthropic work in sports, education, women's empowerment, and more. She became the first person in South Asia to have received this honor.
· She loves dancing (traditional), swimming, reading. She's also a very health conscious person.
· She and her entire family never drink. In fact, Mukesh Ambani has never tasted alcohol in his whole life.
I am sure, with all the work she does and the celebrities she hangs out with, there are plenty more less-known facts about Nita Ambani. These are the ones I know.