STUDENT | Posted | Education
What research work and academic work need from you is time and time only. You have to balance the job, which is providing you living expenses and research work which is your ambition. Both work and academic ambition always have a see-saw like relation. If one goes up other will touch the ground. Balancing this is the art of life.
My son has just finished his Ph.D. So I will give you some tips from his experience.
• 1. Take an easy and less time-consuming job. Your main objective is research only. So concentrate more and spend more time on research work.
• 2. First, make a schedule for the submission of research papers. Don’t rush into taking more work and research in hand. Finish it one by one easily.
• 3. Give a gap between 2 submissions. For example, if you submit a paper for publication today, take some 2,3 days off and do some other thing which will relax you.
• 4. You fix a date of submission 10 days before the original submission. By that, you will have time for research and writing.
• 5. Write down a synopsis of the main findings from the research and elaborate it while you are finally writing the thesis.
• 6. Plan the write up in your mind before writing the thesis. This will be easy to continue writing in a flow.
• 7. In between the research and writing go for a walk or run. Physical exercise will increase blood circulation and in turn, oxygen inflow will boost.
• 8. Always keep in mind that research and academic work is your main priority. You can get another job. But if you are behind the schedule of submission, an academic year will be wasted. Continue your research and come out with flying colours.
image source - akm-img-a-in.tosshub.com