Posted 31 Mar, 2019 | Current Topics
who is better, Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi?Add Answer
Concluding directly may not lead to a conclusion who is better than the other. The following basis of comparison need to be considered in deciding :
1. Image as a politician: Modi no doubt has a better image nationally as well as internationally. Political experts even consider Modi as a "brand".
2. Political Experience: It is said "the older the wine, the better it is" Thus the more experience you have the better edge you have over others. Modi has a long and diverse experience than Rahul and thus has a better hand over Gandhi.
3. Decisiveness: The power to take decisions which need guts and often invite brutal criticism. On this parameter, Modi and Rahul both weigh equally. Modi took the bold move of demonitisation and GST, whereas Rahul waived off the farm loans in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
4. Leadership: To state the leadership traits of a politician is a subjective task. Though both of them have the full command over their respective parties, both showed their leadership during the campaign rallies, but the style of their leadership is quite different. Where Modi is considered as an autocratic leader, Rahul is often seen as a Democratic leader (because he does not have as experience as Modi)
5. Vision: Modi believes in Capitalist structure where he is seen as a leader who believes that development through investments. Whereas RaGa is softer on his counterpart and a bit inclined towards Socialist pattern (as seen on his election manifestos of various states elections and general election)
Now the readers may decide themselves who is better than the other.
The burning question of this decade is which candidate between Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi is better for the position of next prime minister of India. People may hold different opinions, but I stand with Narendra Modi on this one.
There have been loads of allegations on this man and he has been criticized by the opposition for being a mere "chaiwala". However even after these allegations the man hold the potential to be at the position he is currently at more that his competitor. Throughout his service in the past five years, he has proved himself to be a far sighted man with quick decision making power.
Throughout his term he has introduce a lot of policies for the betterment of the economy as well as the society. He has constantly attempted to improve India's relation with other countries, resulting in a manifold increase in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
His calls like demonetization and sanctioning of surgical strike and air strike have proved that he will do anything to curb what is wrong. His government has totally revolutionized the tax system of the country. It is believed that following this system would really help in the economy in the long term. His work to digitalize the transactions in the country and reduce disparities among the country have really proved successful.
Obviously some of his policies didn't work out but unlike other parties he actually tried to make a difference. During his term the country saw some changes which were not seen during the term of UPA (alliance party of Congress) thus making my trust shift towards them.