Farhan Akhtar, though as special as his father Javed Akhtar and mother Shabana Azmi, has a lot such things in him which make him more than just the son of these two great personalities. He deserves all the praises that one could think of, all this owes to his multi-talent which goes even beyond acting, singing, and writing.
(Courtesy: India Today)
The actor who does not need to name any one particular movie to dedicate his success to (he has performed in all of these equally well), was seen at its best in the movies like Bhaag Milkha Bhaag and Zindagi Naa Milegi Dobara.
Things that make Farhan Akhtar special:
• Farhan Akhtar, apart from an extraordinary actor and singer, is a director, producer, and a scriptwriter.
• He was born on 9th January 1974 in Mumbai.
• He did his schooling from Manas K. G. Kapoor School, and graduation from H R College, Mumbai. Due to some reasons, he was expelled from the college.
• The junior Akhtar started his career in Bollywood as an assistant director in the 1991 movie Lamhe, and 1997 movie Himalaya Putra.
• He took his first step in the field of direction with the 2001 movie Dil Chahta Hai –a movie whose vibes still resonate in the hearts of people.
(Courtesy: Falling in Love with Bollywood)
• With the 2004 movie Lakshay, he started writing songs for Bollywood.
• His business success started from the 2006 movie Don, and the 2007 documentary movie which was for the awareness of HIV-AIDS.
• Farhan Akhtar started his career as an actor with the 2008 film Rock On. He got the national award of the best-featured film producer for this movie.
• He was highly appreciated for the dialogues he wrote for the movie Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.
• Farhan Akhtar played the great athlete Milkha Singh in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.
• He has also been the judge of Femina Miss India in 2002, and Nach Baliye in 2005.