Blinds in our rooms do not just serve the purpose of blocking the unwanted sunlight. There are many other factors which make blinds preferable over curtains. Here are some of them:
1. First one is obvious and that’s light control. Blinds are mostly used for their ability to block or diffuse the light, just like curtains. But what’s advantageous with blinds is that, it directs the light according to your desired intensity and direction. The different sizes of slat in which blinds are available allow us to open, close and tilt them in any which way possible.
2. As a part of indoor décor, blinds ensure privacy. They are the perfect way to block the gaze of any passerby inside your house. Blinds here too have an upper hand as they can be set in such a way that you can see outside, but no one can peep inside.
3. Blinds compliment the interior décor of any room of the house and look highly stylish and fashionable. They are available in innumerable pattern and colors to go well with your walls and furniture.
4. The maintenance they require is almost negligible as compared to curtains. A vacuum cleaning or wiping blinds with a wet duster can keep your blinds clean for months.
5. There are many different varieties in which blinds come in. You can choose according to material, alignment, and patterns of your choice.