There are plenty of reasons as to why adding eggs
to your daily diet can be beneficial not only for your body’s health but specifically for your skin’s health as well (the same goes for your hair too).
We all know that egg is rich in proteins, but there are many other nutrients in it which makes it ideal for being used for the skin.
• Vitamin A
• Vitamin D
• Zeaxanthin contents
• Low calories
All these nutrients are very essential for our skin.
1. Due to the presence of Lutein, eggs hydrate the skin and also provide elasticity to it.
2. The presence of high proteins contributes to repairing the tissues of the skin and firming it.
3. Proteins like collagen and elastin strengthen the skin tissues, while melanin enhances your skin color.
4. The consumption of eggs keep the amount of Vitamin A in your body on a sufficient level, as the deficiency of it can change the cellular makeup of your skin. It is caused by the slow formation of the new cells and tissues which replace the worn out cells of injuries, healing the skin.
5. Vitamin A also makes sure that the function of the sweat glands is not reduced.
6. The Vitamin D present in eggs is already famous for being skin-friendly. Vitamin D is also responsible for the gene activity, helping in the growth and formation of the new cells.
7. Vitamin D controls the growth of keratinocytes which form the outermost layer of the skin.
8. The minerals in the eggs provide iron to our Red Blood Cells, which ensure that our skin is getting enough oxygen.
9. One more mineral present in eggs –Selenium, which activates enzymes in the skin cells.