It’s not unknown that the history that we are taught and told is not hundred percent true. There are lot of historical facts which are not facts, and are quite distant from the real truth. History is manipulative and sadly, politics and power control how it is manipulated and taught. There are many lies related to Indian history which we should be aware of. Following are some of them.
1. Aryan and Indus Valley Culture: We have been taught that Aryan came from the region of Bihar and Indus Valley Civilization is the oldest civilization, but there are no archaeological proofs of any of these two facts. Sarawati Civilization is believed to be even older that Indus Valley Civilization.
2. The War of Haldighati was won by Akbar: While the truth is neither Akbar nor Rana Pratap won the battle.
3. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose died in a plane crash: It is known that the fact is untrue, but there is no evidence of the contrary.
4. Lord Rama and Lord Krishna never existed: Lord Rama and Krishna are often seen as nothing but mythological figures. But there have emerged many historical evidences proving the existence of these two.
5. Hindi is the national language of India: It is the biggest historical lie which has immense impact on the contemporary Indian situation. Nowhere in the constitution or any political document has Hindi been given the status of the national language of India.